Saturday, February 24, 2007

The European Union Model in Egypt


A couple of months ago I joined in a Model (simulation) for the European Union, I've never been very fond of politics, coz simply I always thought its not my job to criticize counties' actions, so I simply stopped following the news, but I always had my opinions abt several events.

I actually joined in the EU model hoping that I would learn something new, meet some new ppl, find other EDUCATED opinions abt the international events (as I have rarely been interested abt local events), & also hoping to c things from different point of views.

I'll just say quickly what the EU model actually is:
Its a simulation to 4 Councils that u join one of them
  • The European Council
  • The EU-Mediterranean summit
  • The EU-OPEC
  • Youth Forum on Cultural dialogs (Personal Opinion council)
(It is located in Cairo University, faculty of Faculty of Economics and Political Science)
u get interviewed @ the beginning, just to know what are ur interests & ur best match in one of those 4 councils. (I don't think that I even got 10% of the questions correct :D)

U get to know abt what those councils really do & @ the end, u represent a country to find a solution to a crisis that is given to u b4 the conference by 24 hrs (thats how it is in the EU Council, I don't know abt the others)

To cut it short, the meetings were far from a lesson or a lecture, we actually had a lot of "do ur self" stuff, plus -which is one of the best parts- the secretariats/speakers/instructors or whatever u may call it (u just know what I mean :D) are of very near ages to the delegates, making the CONVERSATIONS more friendly & more fun.

(wow I kinda lost what I wanted to say :S !!!)

By attending those sessions on a regular bases, & doing what is required (assignments, mostly check the news, or make a small research abt some country or some event) I learned a lot & had a chance to know abt things that I wouldn't have thought of on my own, making me understand more abt what happens in the world around me & c the reasons of such things clearer.

anywayz (damn thats too long already!!) I really enjoyed the DEBATES we were having, I'm already proud of what I've been through with them, though the FUN has just started :D
the final conference is coming soon ;)

Its a great experience to be a member of an event as this one. & to anyone who reads this blog, seek to join it, u'll like it :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CAN U tell me it`s website ?!

Waheiba said...

www.imeu.info

Anonymous said...

are there any Europeans working on this event?