Monday, February 19, 2007

Google Calendar

"Yeah so what I know Google has a great calendar, whats new about it !!!"
I bet this is the 1st thing that would pass through your mind when you read, but well perhaps u didn't know about this :D
Google Calendar has a very useful feature "Notifications"
"Yeah I know"
well I wont talk long about the notification itself, but I'll say that you can have your notifications on your mobile, Free of charge (not in all countries, but free in Egypt)
In the settings of the Calendar (upper right corner), Notifications Tab, you'll need to enter the country & phone number, you'll then get a message on your mobile with a number to make sure that the service is working correctly & for other security reasons (make sure that you at least have access on the phone you entered its number)
well I've finished those settings & got the verification code & finished the setup :D
though I didn't run through an event that I needed a notification for :D
Hope u enjoy it

2 comments:

Waheiba said...

To Make sure that the service is working properly on Vodafone; I made an event on the calendar, just a notification test, I it was after about 30 mins & made the notification time to b b4 the event by 10 mins
I've previously set the notifications to be through mail, pop-up & SMS
I wasn't infront of the computer then so I couldn't c the pop-up but I got the mail & the SMS :D

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! I tried it myself, I think it's very helpful and I'm really glad that it's supported here in Egypt. wish to see more services supported here in Egypt.
Great post.. thnk you for keeping us updated. keep it up :D